Sunday, June 22, 2008

My first post....

I decided today to blog.... I've thought about it a few times over the past couple of months and decided today to just do it. It's late now, almost 11:00pm, so it's probably not the best time to start, but what the hell....

I found a friend and former employer today online... It made me so happy! Happy to hear that she and her husband are doing well. Happy to hear that her son (the one I was a nanny for, oh so many years ago) is doing well. I found her blog and started reading and looking at pictures of her family and I just couldn't stop. It was almost like a memory. I knew some of the people in the pictures, yet they were so different.

Is it weird that I felt like a voyeur?

My son came to stand by me while I was looking at pictures of them and I showed him a current picture of the "boy" that I used to watch. My son just turned 7 a few weeks ago. The "boy" I used to watch is around 25 now... His parents look exactly the same.

It was a good day!

Kagen, my grandson, turned 2 today. That's a story for another post.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kathy -- we all grow, change, adjust....but in our hearts we are always still the same spirit. Brett is fortunate to now have a connection with someone who made a great impact in his life. See you online....and maybe in Cedar City someday! We have a niece in Salt Lake and I am looking to do a trip (finding crafters, fabric shops and old bookstores/thrift stores along the way) up to see her....Cedar City isn't far away.