Saturday, June 28, 2008

What a week....

My Mom moved back in with us this week. She has been living with my sister Julianne in California for the past 6 months and will now stay here at least until winter. Kelly, Julianne, Travis and Katie (Juli's kids) drove up to spend a few days with us as well, so we had a full house. 4 children ages - 7, 7, 8 and 9. Whew....

Anyway, my sisters left late Wednesday night and on Thursday I threw a Stampin' Up open house. We made the cutest note card holder with note cards. I "borrowed" the idea from someone else online... Hopefully I will have time tomorrow and I'll take a picture of them.

Friday night was Mesquite with some friends. We like to spend Birthday's / Anniversaries with them because we are all linked together.... Michelle's birthday was on Tuesday - same day as Jared and Rachelle's anniversary. Rachelle's birthday is on mine and Kevin's anniversary. My birthday is on Rick and Stephanie's anniversary.(although they were not in Mesquite with us) So the 6 of us, as well as a dozen other friends of Jared's met at the Oasis. The plan was to dress up for the 80's theme party in the club. We never made it into our costumes (thank God!)but we did make it into the club. I proceeded to drink and dance like I was still the same age as I was in the 80's... not such a good idea. My neck is not used to head rolls and head banging anymore.

Tonight was nice. After dinner Cody asked if he could have some of my tickets. These came from the roll of tickets that I have guests fill out at the Stampin' Up parties. I gave him a few and he went downstairs. A little while later he came back up and asked for more tickets. I asked what he was doing and he said he was making a carnival. His carnival was a big hit. He made a marble toss game. If you landed in the right spots you earned points and with 3,000 points you could win a prize. He also made a basketball game, a bulls eye bounce and roll game and a game that uses a foam ball gun to shoot a target. I donated the large stash of bead necklaces that I somehow ended up with last night as prizes. He charged a Nickel for every ticket and a ticket for every game. Not only was he very creative... but smart too. I gave him money for the tickets and he kept it.... =)

No comments: