Sunday, August 3, 2008

A day at the lake

Our friends have asked us a few times to go to the lake with them and we ALWAYS have something else planned... Yesterday, they asked again and I turned them down in favor of a birthday party my kids had planned to go to. (not any b-day party either.... one of "those" birthday parties that are themed and have costumes and big prizes and lots of treats, etc, etc., etc....)

They said "how about tomorrow?" Now even though I am not much of a lake/water type person. I said yes immediately. These are good friends and I didn't want to keep putting them off.

Even though I said yes, I kept hoping something would come up (like bad weather) and we would get to cancel. I don't like going to the water for just a couple of reasons... One, I get motion sickness. Me on the boat after a while equals a little green. Two, I hate getting into a swimsuit in public. I am a chunky girl and I don't like the heat and water and the lack of clothing that those two things together call for.

So this morning, it was BEAUTIFUL weather and we went to Quail lake and much to my surprise, had a FANTASTIC time!!!

My kids loved it soooo much, I don't think Rick and Stephanie will be able to go to the lake without them again. Chad took to it right away and looked like a pro. He got up on the knee board right away. tried surfing by himself, surfed with his dad and did great!!! Cody didn't even want to get in the water at first and then did all of the above and by the end of the day, he was the last one in the water.

I forgot my camera had the video portion til the end of the day, so Cody was the only one with a video (sorry Chad!)

I'm glad I was the photographer and that no one thought to bring out the camera while I was trying to get up on the knee board and instead had to opt for being drug around the lake like an anchor....

This chunky girl did not have the upper body strength to drag myself up out of the water... Oh well, I am sure we'll go again and I will try again. Maybe I can do a few pushups in the meantime.




No comments: