Monday, August 4, 2008

One day down....

After the disastrous attempts at knee boarding yesterday at the lake, I decided to start working out. I really think that treadmills are of the devil and really should be avoided at all cost. Here are a couple of good examples why:
1. Carter was injured (face burn) on one a couple months ago when he went to crawl on it, while it was running, at his other grandma's house.

2. Chad was injured (face and knee burn) on the one at our house a couple of days ago, when he pulled a Carter and tried to climb around it while Cody was on it. (I finally gave in and let them use it...see!!!)

3. Today while I was using it, the power in the house went off. I took this as a sign and finished for the night. I got 34 minutes in before the power went out and no injuries to speak of, so I think I did pretty good!

I did finally pull out the exercise ball / set that I bought at Costco months ago and finally pumped the ball up. I did a set of the exercises in the book. The video made me laugh... not that I watched it or did it, but when I read the back, here's an excert from one of the dvd's. "Enjoy a 106-minute...." I'll stop there. Did you notice that it said, enjoy a 106-minute class. Are they kidding... that is almost 2 hours. Who in their right mind would enjoy that?

No pictures to post... hee hee hee hee. Maybe someday there will be an "after" photo that I will want to share.

No comments: