Sunday, September 14, 2008

I don't have a picture, since it's gone....

Those of you that know me, know that I tend to run on the cluttery side. Luckily I have my husband to positively influence me to keep things picked up.

You also know that I am an excellent shopper (which contributes to the clutter) I CAN'T pass up a good deal.

I also sell Stampin' Up! Well, I don't really sell it, I just buy it. I mostly keep myself active as a demonstrator so I can get the small discount. At the end of July, I had the opportunity to buy some products at a discount and pre-order some stamps before the new catalog was released. I jumped at this chance because I was able to get a demonstrator only bundle of the new stamp and paper colors, as well as being able to buy some hostess only stamp sets, which I don't usually get because I don't spend enough at one time. I spent almost $200 dollars on new stuff!!! I was soooo excited.

Cut to last night. I've been ORGANIZING my craft (crap) room in the basement... yes, me, putting things away, in a set place, labeling, etc. I realized I didn't have the new stuff I bought, so I went in search. Looked everywhere possible last night. Today I ask my husband about it. He says he wouldn't have thrown out a box of stuff like that. A few minutes later I tell him it was on the bench by the front door, waiting for me to take it downstairs, with some empty shoe boxes that I was saving for Christmas. It then dawns on him that 2 WEEKS AGO (yep, I didn't notice it was missing for 2 whole weeks) he was frustrated by the mess by the front door and threw out all the boxes of garbage...... Yep, threw it out.

It's not tragic, but it feels tragic. I cried a couple of times today over it.

Our garbage comes on Monday's... I was thinking that it probably just went to the dump a week ago and maybe I could find it if I went and looked..... hmmmm, dumpster diving! Is it worth it???

If you were doing the math.... I had the box sitting on the bench by the front door, for close to 6 weeks. It's normal for my husband to think it was garbage since it didn't move from there. I knew that I had been too busy to be crafty... this just proves that I should make more time to be crafty.... or, it may tell me that I have tooooo much stuff!!!

No comments: